Recipe - Cacao Honey Granola September 10 2015
You won't be surprised to hear that we practice what we preach when it comes to our edibles. We're constantly marking Almond Butters out of stock to slather on toast and chopping up single origin chocolate for baking and nibbling. We call it "perks of the job". That said, sometimes it doesn't seem quite fair not to share it when we create something delicious with our very own goods.
Cacao Honey Granola
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (you can also use coconut oil or walnut oil)
- 1/2 cup Wild Sage Honey
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds are all good candidates)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Handful of Cacao Beans (husked/shelled and broken up into nibs)
- Feel free to add a splash of vanilla extract, some seeds (chia, flax or even sunflower), and cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves. There is a lot you can do with this recipe so feel free to play!
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix Oats, coconut, nuts, seeds, spices, salt, with honey and oil in a large bowl. If you need more moisture to fully coat the dry ingredients, add a splash more of oil. Turn out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes increments stirring in between until batch is at desired golden toasty appearance. Cool on drying rack. Once cool add cacao nibs, dried fruit. Voila! Serve with yoghurt, milk, ice cream, as a snack by itself, or even on an acai bowl.